My website maybe got hacked!

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x security issues.

Moderators: Bernard T, mandville, fcoulter, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant / FPA - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
aboarken
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

My website maybe got hacked!

Post by aboarken » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Hello,
I have scanned my site but nothing is telling me that my site is hacked but I see the attached pictures in my Joomla site directory. The pictures are from [ redacted ] hackers. Please can you tell me what I have to do?
Thanks in advance.

[ redacted ]
Last edited by toivo on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod note: attachment removed, kudos redacted

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: My website maybe got hacked!

Post by toivo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:04 pm

Recommend that you contact Phil Taylor of https://mysites.guru/. He cleans hacked sites for a fee, in addition to providing online tools for auditing and managing Joomla sites. The first software audit is free and it may also include Suspect Content Tool, which should help to identify hacked files.

Alternatively, study the sticky topics of this 3.x Security forum how to rebuild a hacked site and observe best security practice.

Please note that removing hacked files does not remove the vulnerability that allowed the site to be compromised. You should therefore post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) so that our volunteer experts can review the configuration. They may be able to identify vulnerable extensions, for example.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Security in Joomla! 3.x”