I have been flitting between djcatalog

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
hemabahaa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I have been flitting between djcatalog

Post by hemabahaa » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:46 pm

I have been flitting between djcatalog, Zoo and K2 on a new version of our site. We don't have a shop, but we do have products and each product has a page, with links to downloadable documents etc.

After flitting, I have found DJC is too focused towards being a shop, even in cat mode Google sees it as a shop, K2 layouts are very hard work to modify, and Zoo gives me almost exactly what I want, with a fairly simple way to edit, so in the end I've gone with Zoo, again.

What I really want though, and cant find is a simple form on each product page, [ redacted ] asks for name, email and a small text field where the visitor can type in a question about the product. This when sent fires to an email where the user gets an email back with their answer.

The form is fine, I can do that, but ideally I would like it when sent to also include the product page or address of the page where the form was sent from.

My programming skills are limited, so can anyone either point me towards a form that does this or suggest something else?
Last edited by toivo on Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x General Questions, URL removed

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: I have been flitting between djcatalog

Post by AMurray » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:32 pm

I'm not exactly clear about what you're asking for.

K2 - an alternative content system to the Joomla article system won't even run on Joomla 4 so no doubt you have issues there.

What form extension are you using - you could investigate these. Any of these could utilise Joomla's custom field function but may also have this as a feature in their own right. Perhaps https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/dj-easycontact/ is more suitable than DJ Cataglogue if all you need is the contact form on each product page? The extension is a module, which would be assigned to each relevant menu item concerning each product page.

If you only have a few products, your form could have an option to select the product being queried e.g. radio buttons or select-box drop down. If more than a few, then a catalogue system would be more appropriate I expect and I'd assume most e-commerce extensions would have some way to ask questions about products.

To identify the product page the form is sending from, perhaps you can create a form for each product, add a Custom Field to the form, being the product title. (This field could be hidden from front-end users) but visible to those processing product orders, for example).
Regards - A Murray

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: I have been flitting between djcatalog

Post by herb200mph » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:22 pm

There are several form Extensions that could be configured to do exactly what you have briefed. Give a couple of them a go [they have trial versions], and some should work for you.
Joomla! Magazine Article - Read it Here >> https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/ ... c-training
Author: Joomla! 4: BASIC TRAINING - Boots on the Ground @ Amazon.com

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”