Joomla 1.0 with php errors, need to upgrade to 1.5

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kpaull
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.0 with php errors, need to upgrade to 1.5

Post by kpaull » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:44 pm

I admin a website hosted by GoDaddy. I am running Joomla 1.0 and PHP 4.x. When you try and access the site http:\\currentgatherings.com you get many php errors "Function eregi() is deprecated" in many php files. You cannot even login to the administrator control panel.

So I talked with GoDaddy and they saysaid "The errors you are experiencing are due to the recent retirement of PHP4 from our shared hosting environment. PHP version 4 is no longer available and all accounts configured to use it are now operating under PHP version 5.x. " I missed those warning emails.

So I updated my PHP on Godaddy this morning to 5.3, still on Joomla 1.0, I know it won't fix my issue but is necessary to eventually install, migrate to Joomla 2.5 via 1.5 first. I now need to backup my site. It was not accessible before or now via the Joomla Control Panel, so I cannot install any migration or backup tools. What are the directories/files/folders I need to download via FTP to my local computer? FYI, I have just run a backup of the mysql db, and downloaded it to my local computer.

Then as a 2nd part, what is my best way to migrate Joomla 1.0 to 1.5 without the use of the many migration tools as modules, I cannot install right now?

Thanks alot,
Kurtis

dorriga
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla 1.0 with php errors, need to upgrade to 1.5

Post by dorriga » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 am

First I recommend use a web site "not live" in your local pc, using a WAMP (like easyPHP), where you can install your backup files and database.

Download all the files and directories from your web directory, usually is in www or public_html folder. The right places is where you can see the directories like administrator, components, editor, help, images, etc.
Copy the files in your WAMP web folder.
Make a backup database, and in WAMP go to phpmyadmin to create a DB with the same name, and import the backup database over it.

When you have a local web working in your WAMP.

Update if your joomla is not the last JM1.0 ( JM1.0.15 was the last update).
Next pach the JM from this source over your backup local web site (not in the live web!!): http://www.netshinesoftware.com/blog/ru ... ut-errors/

After install the pach, install the component migrator tool, and make a data base dump to go from JM1.0 to JM1.5.
Migrator 1.5 http://www.4shared.com/zip/b9abMHFa/mig ... furl=d1url compatible with MYSQL 5.5.25.

1- Install migrator and dump sql db from the working site JM1.0.15 to get a "JM1.5 DB compatible".(select the necesary plugins in "Create Migration SQL File", content, users, etc).
2- Next install a clean JM1.5 without sample date, and overwrite the JM1.5 DB with the dump sql (you need to use import in phpMyadmin or the tool for migration in some step of JM1.5 installation)
3- Move images from JM1.0.15 to respective directories in JM1.5, and test that all its working in front end.( content, users in backend, categories, etc)
4- Next install "Jupgrade" in the JM1.5 and start it to update to a new JM2.5.

Hopefully this little guide useful, because to me has served.

I have a JM 1.0.15 stil working and no errors, but Im migrating actually to 2.5. Really I did it, but Im still working with the template :S
Saludos

revenantmedia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by revenantmedia » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 pm

I seem to be having the same issues with my website http://www.revenantmedia.com

revenantmedia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by revenantmedia » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Can anyone help me w/o my having to start over from scratch? I've got A LOT of content on my website.

micheas
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by micheas » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:52 pm

I have a fork of Joomla 1.0 that works with php 5.4 and probably 5.3 http://micheas.github.com/Joomla-1.0/

This won't fix any extensions that are causing errors, but it will get you a lot of the way to being able to migrate your site.

Strangely I have found Joomla 1.0 -> Drupal 7 -> Joomla 2.5 generally easier than Joomla 1.0 -> Joomla 1.5 -> Joomla 2.5. I have never gotten the hang of writing Joomla 1.5 migration plugins and there seems to be huge gaps in what has been written.

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”