Test Environment/Platform Suggestion

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
phoenixcreation
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Test Environment/Platform Suggestion

Post by phoenixcreation » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Greetings!  I'm new here, though I've been using Joomla for various clients for about the past year.  My new job is tasking me with implementing a new CMS from the ground up for them, and based on their project goals, I am in the process of recommending Joomla.  :)

I do have a question though (will end up with lots over the coming months I'm sure, but this is one I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for to date):

I'd like to setup a test and live environments, so that the editors, myself included, can post content and modules and more to the test site for review, and then move it over to the live site without having to setup 2 entirely separate Joomla installations.  That way there will be "no" chance that the editors can crash the live site with changes and the like.

Any recommendations that can accomplish this?  I've looked at the Multi-Site extensions, but am not sure if they are in the realm of the concept above.  Thanks for any help possible.
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****___

The Dark Phoenix Has Risen

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”