Falang support

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Krki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Falang support

Post by Krki » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello

After updated Falang to 1.4.2 and update to 1.4.4, few days latter, whenever someone logins in frontend, Blue Joomla notice shows at the top of website:

Notice
Frontend update not authorized.

Doesn't matter if user is just "Registered" or "Super admin"

Falang basic 1.4.4 (updated to 1.4.4 but in Falang backend it still displays current version 1.4.2)
Joomla 3.3.6

This language phrase is from falang driver language file.
V 1.4.1 was showing this phrase: "Frontend update not authorized with this falang version."
and
v 1.4.4 is showing this phrase: "Frontend update not authorized."

In falang Options, Basic tab, "Frontend edition" is set to No.

Why is this message being displayed and how to get rid off it?

Regards

Arezoo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Falang support

Post by Arezoo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:12 am

Hi

I used Falang for one of template of Template monster, it works very nice .But i have a little problem, 1-How can i change 'Read More' icon into second language that i want?
2- I use Sign in plug in too, all is translated even ' Forgot your username?/Forgot your password?' part

Thanks

oxyfer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by oxyfer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:35 am

hello;
my first post here.

I have a multilanguage website with Falang;
default language is italian.
so the main content insert in joomla articles is in italian,and then there are the translations in falang.
The customer now asks me to set english as default language,so where the translation is missing you can see english content.

can I do that?
I noticed that setting english as default I can't see "english" anymore in falang languages,so I don't understand how to manage translations,in that way...

thanks in advance for any reply!

jodancer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jodancer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 pm

I believe that the main language is the one where all your content is in Joomla. (Article manager, Module manager etc) within Joomla's main area. Everything in th Falang component is just the translations. I don't think you can easliy change the main language. I think what you want to do could be done before with Joomfish but not sure about Falang. I think it was called the "Fallback" language. When there wasn't a translation availble you could set the language that you wanted to display.
Maybe someone knows how to do this??

hhtmp88
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by hhtmp88 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Dear FaLang Developers,

Thanks for your great works!
I have just installed FaLang1.4.5, everything looks good, but...
-> only English language is available!
-> So how to add more languages?

Pls. note that I have installed another Language (which is "Chinese") through Joomla's Language Manager after the installation of FaLang
-> so why "Chinese" Language is NOT available in the "Translate" page of FaLang?

Thanks for any kind of help!
JMY(晉明夷)
http://mfYoga.org -- Mindfulness Yoga Association 靜觀瑜伽協會
http://YogaJM.com -- YogaJM 晉明瑜伽

agathe_oieau
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by agathe_oieau » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to translate Fabrik elements with Falang?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

For hhtmp88, have you add the Chinese language in the "Content" tab" in Language Manager?

Best regards.

vlada83
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vlada83 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:52 am

Hi, i have weird problem i have site in czech (default lang) and english
if i am browsing site in czech and try to go back to homepage via homepage button (default menu item) i am redirect to english version and i have to go back to czech via image flag...

Is this some kind of bug or why is this happend?

my site is relaxangel .dot. cz

Krki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Krki » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am

hhtmp88 wrote:Dear FaLang Developers,

Thanks for your great works!
I have just installed FaLang1.4.5, everything looks good, but...
-> only English language is available!
-> So how to add more languages?

Pls. note that I have installed another Language (which is "Chinese") through Joomla's Language Manager after the installation of FaLang
-> so why "Chinese" Language is NOT available in the "Translate" page of FaLang?

Thanks for any kind of help!
Hello
After you installed Falang, You need to do this steps as well:
- In Joomla plugin manager, enable "Falang Database Driver"
- In Joomla plugin manager, enable "System - Language Filter"
- In Joomla languge manager, install desired languages
- In Joomla language manager, "Content" tab, Click "New", and create New Content Language"
In your case, if you're installing Chinese Simplified language, settings for New Content Language should be:

Title: Chinese Simplified
Title native: Chinese Simplified
Language tag: zh-CN
Url language code: zh
Image prefix: zh
Access: Public

That should do it.

PS: I'm not Falang support person :)

HTH, Regards

hhtmp88
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by hhtmp88 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks Krki for your comments!
-> will try it out
JMY(晉明夷)

rip kirby
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rip kirby » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi. I'm making a multi language site with Falang. Unfortunately when activating System Language Filter, my site got wrong.
The content should be stretched to the width of the browser. Sadly the content got compressed and isn't stretched.
Bellow goes two screen shots, one like it should be and other like it is.
Thanks in advance.
Telmo Antunes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rip kirby
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rip kirby » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi. Is there a way to auto select the language, depending on the country you are browsing my site?
Many thanks.
Telmo Antunes

thoom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Falang support / Contact form not showing in other languages

Post by thoom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Dear Falang support,

Falang does not show the fields of the contactform when clicked on an other language, so contactform fields only showing on the main language.

Installed all joomla frontend/backend system languages.

Anybody an idea where to look?

Thanks in advance

jpxxx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jpxxx » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm

getting 500 error , how to resolve it

hhtmp88
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Falang support / Contact form not showing in other langu

Post by hhtmp88 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:52 am

thoom wrote:Dear Falang support,

Falang does not show the fields of the contactform when clicked on an other language, so contactform fields only showing on the main language.

Installed all joomla frontend/backend system languages.

Anybody an idea where to look?

Thanks in advance
You have to translate the contact form into that "other language", otherwise FaLang will keep displaying the default one.
JMY(晉明夷)

thoom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thoom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:12 pm

dear hhtmp88,

Thanks for the response!

Did tried that, infortunatly it didn't work, so i installed a 3rd party contactform (rapid contact ex) as an alternative.

So got it working again,

Thanks anyway!

dorsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dorsa » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:54 pm

We use Falang for Multilanguage projects fastest way.
Forward to your support to this incident.
Thank you.

nastaia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nastaia » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:15 am

Hi
Wright now I'm running falang version: 1.4.0. If I update it to the new version. Will I lost any of my translation?

Because wright now Falang is not working on my website http://daphnesclub.com/en/. The second language is inactive
What should I do?

thony88
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thony88 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Hey,
I'm using Joomla 3.3.6 with Falang on a template i've bought from template monster and i'm having a big problem... It seems that most of the images on the site are not working because its trying to get the image from a link with the language code in it.

example: "http://localhost/mysite/index.php/ro/im ... /icon7.png" whereas the image is in "http://localhost/mysite/images/icons/icon7.png"

I'm a beginner with Joomla and I can't say I have a lot of coding experience either... It would help greatly if you could tell me how I can remove the language tag from the URL.

Thank you!

Krki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Krki » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Thony

At 1st glance it seems that you're using absolute url for your images.
Don't use "http://www.yoursite.com/images/folder/image.jpg" as image src
Use only this: "images/folder/image.jpg".

If some images are hardcoded in template, than you should look for image related code for these images and change image paths accordingly.

HTH
Regards
Regards

thony88
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thony88 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Krki

What I actually did is to replace the "image.jpg" from the template files with my own image or otherwise choose a different image by editing an existing article and choosing another image from the "Images and links" tab.

So technically, the link i choose for the image is expressed as "/images/folder/image1.jpg". The problem is that it's still looking for it somewhere in ".../index.php/en/images/folder/image1.jpg".

I could manually edit the link for every image, but that would be crazy + i'd have to do that each time somebody posts an article with an image.

Krki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Krki » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Thony

You said "each time somebody posts an article with an image".
Is this posting from backend or from frontend?
Maybe this issue with weird image paths is related to editor?
I've built ton of Joomla websites so far, and I've used Joomfish, Joomla default multilanguage capabilities and Falang, and I newer experienced such issue.
Which editor are you using?
I'm always using JCE Editor and I have subscription for its (very usable) plugins for years. Jce Editor is free so you could try to install it and change Joomla settings so that JCE editor is used.
Without further glance into whole website settings I cannot suggest more.

Regards

thony88
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thony88 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Hey,

Well, i'm still working on the website atm, so nobody posts from the frontend. I've tried adding articles from the backend, using both TinyMCE and JCE Editors.
Unfortunately I'm working on the website locally, so I can't give you access to the backend atm...

I did manage to make the pictures reappear once I've disabled the System Language Filter, but that leaves the website in only one language. Switching doesn't do anything anymore :(

Thanks

queengab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by queengab » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi,

i used for years joomfish thant i'am passed to use joomla defalut language switch system. Now 'id like to try to return to falang. I think it could be more fast.
Now i undesrtand how to use it, how to enable and work with.
But i have a little problem, i enabled the module language status on isis back-end template but i can't see the module in the right-up corner of articles.
I think that module is very important because i can see live which article or categories is translated or not.

What can i do?

i use joola 3.2.7 and flaang last version.

Bye

nick2011
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nick2011 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:55 pm

hi...
I have Joomla and Falang, both latest version. Website is in English and Italian.

Everything is working fine on the site, all translations are correctly displayed.
But I have a big problem with the Home link , default menu item of the site.

Everytime I click it, I'm redirected to the same language (Italian),
even if I have chosen English.

I have googled a lot and tried all different combinations without success.
PLEASE HELP

Nemo89
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Nemo89 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi all, I have a serious issue with FaLang and I am afraid it might be a structural problem.

I have a joomla website that's made in Polish and then translated to english with FaLang. The problem I have is that polish articles that don't have english version are still shown in the english version of the site. I know that if I submit a translation to those then there will be their english counterpart shown. BUT - those are News and they are language-specific. I won't translate a local polish news to english version which is targeted at whole Europe, because it's non-sense for all foreigners.

How to make FaLang hide articles without translation in the translated version of the site? Please I really need to make this work.

schifazl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by schifazl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello.
I'm trying to migrate a Joomla site from 2.5 to 3.4 using JoomFish. Since there is no 3.4 version of JF, so I would lite to migrate the JF content to FL content and finally update the site to 3.4. Is possible to do this automatically or by executing some query in phpmyadmin?

Thanks!

biirc
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by biirc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:31 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot krki to answer question, i didn't receive the notification of new question.

@schifazl => if you have used the new system of joomfish 2.5 to store the menu and article , it's not possible to migrate it.

@Nemo89 => remember that falang work with native system too, you can set an article, module , menu item to a specific langauge in joomla, in this case it's only visible in this language.

@nick2011 => check the htaccess, open and save another time the content language. it's a configuration problem somewhere

Stéphane
Falang Team

HighlandArrow
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by HighlandArrow » Tue May 05, 2015 7:48 pm

I am translating a site with Fa-Lang and I have a very strange problem - there are "read more" cut offs in the articles that I am translating, but the article doesn't properly cut off with the read more if it is translated. Any idea what is causing it and how to overcome it?
-ml

clarification: this is using the blog page layout, and the whole article displays, not just the summary prior to the "read more" cutoff. This only occurs with translations, the source english articles work properly.

scratch the further clarification, happens on the subpage too. Only *sometimes* though. Really odd.

ncardoso
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ncardoso » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Cookie-based Redirect to 404s in language filter

Hello! In our Joomla platform, we use English as default and we have Portuguese (PT) as the alternative.

We have an issue with external links (from the English Version) that gives 404 errors when the website is in Portuguese.

For example: if the default language for the user is Portuguese, the website will be in that language and, if the user clicks on an external link that goes to the default article language: http://www.ourwebsite.com/somearticle it tries to open with http://www.ourwebsite.com/pt/somearticle, which it doesn't exist because we created a portuguese alias for that same menu item and article (because of SEO).

Our Joomla is version 3.4.1, with the language filter on with: automatic language change; item associatios; remove URL language code; cookie session.

Can you please help?

Many thanks!
Regards

marcolino76
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by marcolino76 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:04 pm

I've a problem with falang 2.0.0 and j341. I created a new category, i translate it with falang 2.00 but when i surf my page falang shows me the title of the category translate but not translated its description in place shows me the content with the same id. This does not happen with categories translated before falang 2.0.0.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”