Can't Save New Tags in 3.1.1

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Jman18
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't Save New Tags in 3.1.1

Post by Jman18 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi,

This is my first post and I've tried to find solution on the forums, but not seeing it. My issue is similar to this thread but wasn't sure if it better to start a new thread for similar issue.

Anyway, I have the Tags Table, and from what I can tell, there is no row for the root record (my first row is for id). Not sure how to fix it so I have the root record and appreciate any help with troubleshooting so I can get tags to work / save.

Just a bit more info:
- I went from 3.0.3. to 3.1, ran into issues and then reverted back to 3.0.3. Web host upgraded to 3.1.1, but same issues really with 3.1 in that Tags was not included on install so I discovered and installed them. And again, they won't save with articles (showing no errors) and in Tag Manager when I save, I get error message that starts with "Save failed with the following error: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'TagsTableTag::_getNode(1, ) failed.'

Also, hoping this helps, but I am new to Joomla with 3.0+ and am at least a little comfortable with phpMyAdmin

rufuz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Can't Save New Tags in 3.1.1

Post by rufuz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Same situation here, apparently the upgrade on a dev install was successful, db fixed, new extensions discovered. Overall the site is working,
except for:
-Tags component is not listed in admin component top menu
-Tags in articles are not saved w/o throwing any error
-No row for the root record (first table name is id)

Tags settings are however accessible and working under extension manager

cheers
Last edited by rufuz on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

rufuz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by rufuz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 am

Upgraded the main site fixing db at each upgrade step and now tags appear in component menu but I can still not save article tags (no message given).
Additionally If I create a new tag in the tag component I get this message on saving:

Error
Save failed with the following error: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'TagsTableTag::_getNode(1, ) failed.' in /home/user/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php:1441 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/public_html/mag/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php(751): JTableNested->_getNode('1') #1 /home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_tags/tables/tag.php(181): JTableNested->store(false) #2 /home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_tags/models/tag.php(335): TagsTableTag->store() #3 /home/user/public_html/libraries/legacy/controller/form.php(691): TagsModelTag->save(Array) #4 /home/user/public_html/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(722): JControllerForm->save() #5 /home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_tags/tags.php(22): JControllerLegacy->execute('apply') #6 /home/user/public_html/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(359): require_once('/home/user/p...') #7 /home/user/public_html/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(339): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home/user/p...') #8 /home/v/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php(166): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_tags') #9 /home/user/public_html/administrator/index.php(56): JAdministrator->dispatch() #10 {main}

All other parts of the site seem functional

Jman18
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Jman18 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:38 am

Thanks Rufuz for your contributions. I get similar error message in the Tag Manager if I try to save any tag.

I'm working with my web host on solution, but secretly hoping Joomla support community comes through with solid advice.

fantasea
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fantasea » Thu May 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Same here, everything works fine except tags:

Fout
Opslaan mislukt door de volgende fout: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'TagsTableTag::_getNode(1, ) failed.' in /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php:1441 Stack trace: #0 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php(751): JTableNested->_getNode('1') #1 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/administrator/components/com_tags/tables/tag.php(181): JTableNested->store(false) #2 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/administrator/components/com_tags/models/tag.php(335): TagsTableTag->store() #3 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/libraries/legacy/controller/form.php(691): TagsModelTag->save(Array) #4 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(722): JControllerForm->save() #5 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/administrator/components/com_tags/tags.php(22): JControllerLegacy->execute('save2new') #6 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(359): require_once('/www/dataace/ee...') #7 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(339): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/www/dataace/ee...') #8 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/administrator/includes/application.php(166): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_tags') #9 /www/dataace/eerstehulp/soterios/administrator/index.php(56): JAdministrator->dispatch() #10 {main}
Bas van Kollenburg
Instructor / Director

http://www.soterios.eu

fantasea
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fantasea » Thu May 02, 2013 7:03 pm

SOLVED

executed this sql query and it works:

INSERT INTO `#__tags` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `level`, `path`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `description`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `access`, `params`, `metadesc`, `metakey`, `metadata`, `created_user_id`, `created_time`,`created_by_alias`, `modified_user_id`, `modified_time`, `images`, `urls`, `hits`, `language`, `version`)
VALUES (1, 0, 0, 1, 0, '', 'ROOT', 'root', '', '', 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '{}', '', '', '', '', '2011-01-01 00:00:01','', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '', 0, '*', 1);

thanks to: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 3#p3025011
Bas van Kollenburg
Instructor / Director

fantasea
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fantasea » Thu May 02, 2013 7:12 pm

when I enter a tag in an artikel and save i get this one:

Opslaan mislukt door de volgende fout: Table 'soterios.s0g8m_content_types' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT ct.type_id FROM `s0g8m_content_types` AS `ct` WHERE `ct`.`type_alias` = 'com_content.article'

Help
Bas van Kollenburg
Instructor / Director

fantasea
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fantasea » Thu May 02, 2013 7:45 pm

SOLVED

I went in SQLadmin and there where some tables with #__.content_types wrong Prefix
So I corrected this and now every thing works fine

Greetings

Bas
Bas van Kollenburg
Instructor / Director

rufuz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by rufuz » Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks Fantasea,

I had the same error after the sql... and I discover that _content_types and _ucm_base were completely missing from the db. Then I imported them from a fresh installation and that seems to works for now.

It seems that the internal db update tool is not very reliable... (I started with 1.7 when it was released first and upgraded soon at every update release)

rufuz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by rufuz » Sat May 04, 2013 11:52 am

After some testings all seems ok.

As a general tip for those who started from older installation (1.7, 2.5..), check for the presence of all the new db tables as the db fix seems to skip some. To do that, install a fresh joomla 3.11 on localhost and export all the missing tables and import them in your old db.

Cheers

JanKrohn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JanKrohn » Sat May 11, 2013 3:12 pm

It would have been a nice move though to share your solution in the other thread as well...

CASWG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CASWG » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I'm having the same issue outlined above. I ran the SQL script, and I can now save tags on the admin side, but when I go to add a tag to an article and save it, it just gives tell me "Error. Save failed with the following error:" and it's blank.

Any ideas?

giuse
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by giuse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 pm

that means that the #__content_type has not been populated by the Joomla installation (it happened to me also), so you have to make a clean installation of J3.2 using another DB, export that table and import into your site
cheers

Giuse

====
www.lightpoint.info

guywalder
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by guywalder » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:22 am

Hi,

I'm using a quick start package on Joomla! 3.2.0 and get the same blank error when trying to use tags. Any idea on how to fix this?

Guy.

Dima Gusyatiner
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Dima Gusyatiner » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

hello,
i have the same issue
i am developing a component, and when i save it with new tags i see a blank error

i have added the observer:

Code: Select all

class FoodAndDeliveryTableItem extends JTable
{
	public function __construct(&$db)
	{
		parent::__construct('#__foodanddelivery', 'id', $db);
		JTableObserverTags::createObserver($this, array('typeAlias' => 'com_foodanddelivery.item'));
	}
and added a row to #__content_types:

INSERT INTO `website_content_types` 
(`type_id`, `type_title`, `type_alias`, `table`, `rules`, `field_mappings`, `router`, `content_history_options`) VALUES
(null, 'FoodAndDelivery Item', 'com_foodanddelivery.item', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__foodanddelivery","key":"id","type":"Item","prefix":"FoodAndDeliveryTable"}}', '', '', 'FoodAndDeliveryHelperRoute::getItemRoute', '{"formFile":"administrator\\/components\\/com_foodanddelivery\\/models\\/forms\\/item.xml"}')
that should be enough, should it?
that's all there is in com_content for tags.

i was trying to solve it on my own.
i generally understand that JTableObserverTags is added to JTable in

libraries/cms.php
But then, when the onBeforeStore event is fired, it is searching for

$this->table->tagsHelper->tags
which is not set.
the only place that i found that mentions tags is in JModelAdmin on save method

if ((!empty($data['tags']) && $data['tags'][0] != ''))
		{
			$table->newTags = $data['tags'];
		}
but it stores it to $table->newTags and not to $this->table->tagsHelper->tags
i am confused
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dejansoftware
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by dejansoftware » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi Dima Gusyatiner

I have the same error like you described in previous post.

Have you manage to solve is yet?

thanks

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”