plugin finder, display additional search results

For Joomla! 5.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
playerpl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

plugin finder, display additional search results

Post by playerpl » Wed May 08, 2024 11:37 am

Hi,

I'm writing to ask for guidance on how to properly design a Joomla 5.1 search plugin (finder).

I want the finder component, in addition to what it currently offers, to additionally perform a query to the endpoint I created (server.com/api/string-to-search), retrieve information from it and display as additional search results.

How to do it? I don't want to pass content for indexing just ready-made search results to be displayed based on the phrase the user provides.
How can i inject search results from another engine?

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: plugin finder, display additional search results

Post by SharkyKZ » Fri May 10, 2024 6:00 am

If you want something like that, you should use the old Search component where each plugin runs its own queries. There's no sensible way to do that using Smart Search. You can try MVC overrides, but that's pretty complex and not very reliable. You could also try layout overrides or a plugin that changes generated HTML output. Depending on presentation needed, you could also use a plugin that adds a JS script and loads results using AJAX.

Return to “Joomla! 5.x Coding”